You did it – you have decided to get a brand-new AC unit for your home. But now that you have taken that first important step, what next? AC installation can be a daunting project, considering that the job must be done meticulously to ensure a hassle-free user experience.
Don’t worry, though– we’ve got you covered. Follow along as we walk you through the various steps to look forward to on installation day.
- Upon arrival, the technician will give you a breakdown of the AC installation process before beginning the job.
- If you have an existing AC unit, the installation team will carefully remove the outdoor condenser, taking care not to disturb the existing wiring or refrigerant lines.
- Next, the installers will begin prepping the area where they will set up the new condenser unit. The process typically involves leveling the area and then installing a concrete or composite pad if needed.
- The tech will then replace the indoor evaporator coil and refrigerant lines. These AC components are critical to the cooling function of your AC; therefore, it’s advisable to install new ones to ensure their efficiency.
- Once the pad has settled, the AC installation technicians will carefully place the new outdoor condenser unit.
- After the condenser is securely in place, they’ll install a filter dryer to absorb moisture and provide physical filtration for the unit.
- Next comes installing a plastic PVC pipe known as a condensate drain line. Any moisture produced in the evaporator coil during the cooling process will be directed from your AC unit through this pipe, keeping it safe and dry.
- After the AC is installed, the technician will test it to confirm that it’s ready to operate. They’ll fire it up and monitor various components to ensure flawless operation.
- Finally, the team will clean up, visually inspect their work, and head out. Your AC installation is complete – time to enjoy your new system!